Kamikochi is one of the best mountainous scenic spot in Japan located 30 minutes by bus or taxi from Hirayu-Onsen in Okuhida-Onsengo.
On April 17, “Kamikochi-Koen line ” opening ceremony will be held, and from then it will be possible to make a sightseeing trip to Kamikochi.
Come and enjoy the mountain scenery representing Japan, such as Kappa-bashi(bridge), Taisho-ike(pond), and Myojin-ike(pond).
Traffic regulation in Kamikochi in 2017
In Kamikochi, the entry of private cars is regulated all year round.
Also, the sightseeing buses during busy periods are regulated.
- Traffic regulation section : All sections of prefectural road “Kamikochi-Koen line” in Nagano Prefecture (Close from “Kama tunnel” entrance).
- Passable vehicles :
* Tourist buses and mini buses can not pass through during the period shown below
- Passable period : From 17th April to 15th November ,2017
- Passable hour : 5:00 to 19:00 (in July and August : 5:00 to 20:00)
- Bus traffic regulation date and Traffic congestion Prediction
- For bus timetables and parking lots, please see below.