This is a traditional summer event for the Fukuji Onsen Area.
During the event period, there are nightly performances of the Henbetori lion dance, which has been designated as an intangible cultural heritage of the town.
This dance is said to have originated with the Emperor Murakami, who once visited this place to rest from his journey and, seeing the villagers troubled by a plague of snakes, performed a dance in supplication to the gods to drive the snakes away.
The festival also includes performances of the traditional Torigei dance, passed down through generations, and the holding of the Ema Market and evening stalls.
- Period : From Jul. 25 to Aug. 25 ,2017
* Fixed each year.
- Event hours : 20:30 –
- Venue : Fukuji-Onsen “Mukashibanashi-no-Sato” Omatsuti-Hiroba
(Okuhidaonsengo Fukuji, Takayama-shi, Gifu, 506-1434, Japan)
- Demonstration of the local performing arts of the Henbetori lion dance, the Botan lion dance, and the Torigei dance.
- Holding of the Ema Market and evening stalls.
- Mochi-tsuki (Rice cake making) : 2nd,3rd,22th,23th Aug.( ,2017)
* The content of events may change.